The REHIS Safe Manual Handling Awareness Course is intended as an introduction to moving and handling activities for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training.
The course is for the duration of 3 hours, can be held on site or at another training venue supplied by Amqui Training.
· The importance of health and safety, what accidents and work-related ill-health are, and why they occur.
· Why the welfare of people at work is important.
· Definition of Accident, Hazard, Risk, Safe, Competent Person. Outline of the Health and Safety at Work etc. 1974, covering the general requirements of the Act which are supplemented by more detailed Regulations.
· The duties of an employer to employees and others who may be affected by his work activities, including the requirement to produce a safety policy, and provide adequate training for employees.
· The duties and responsibilities of employees whilst at work.
· The significance of back injuries and their management in the workplace.
· The correct procedure for lifting, carrying and stacking a load.
· The main requirements of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations.
Task, Individual, Load, Environment (TILE)
Contact Sonia at Amqui Training to discuss your training requirements