Amqui Training Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice explains our commitment to your privacy. It details how and why we collect your information, how we store it and dispose of it and your rights to control the data we hold.
Who are we?
Amqui Training is a training provider and is the data controller of your personal information.
Why do we collect your personal data?
We will only ever collect, store and use your personal data when we have identified purpose and reason to do so. The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) refers to this as the ‘lawful basis’. Further information about why we collect your personal data is outlined below;
1) To enable you to train with us:
a. We process your personal data so that we can administer your registration for training, and keep in touch with you.
b. We also collect personal data to facilitate your examinations and certification.
As defined by the ICO, the lawful basis for processing your data for these purposes is of ‘legitimate interest’, in that we have identified a genuine and legitimate reason for processing the data, which does not override your rights or interests.
2) We do not currently send out any advertising or communications that are not directly connected to your training or corresponding examinations.
How did we get your information?
All the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you, for one of the following reasons:
· You have enquired about a course run by Amqui Training
· You have applied for a course run by Amqui Training
· You have enquired about an examination run by Amqui Training
· You have applied for an examination run by Amqui Training
Data may be collected from; any forms you fill out, verbal data collection and photographs, video or audio recordings.
What kind of data do we collect?
We mostly collect your basic information (name, contact details etc).
We do not collect:
· Sensitive personal data. We do not store sensitive personal data about you (such as health, beliefs or political affiliation).
· Criminal offence data. We do not store criminal offence data.
How we store your data?
All the personal data we process is processed by our Amqui Training staff in Scotland. Electronic data and databases are stored on a secure computer system within Amqui Training. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
How long we keep your data?
We only keep your data for the period of you training with us or until you take your examination. This could be up to a maximum of 1 year or until you have passed the exam. Your data will then be deleted from our live and backup systems.
Sharing your information
Your data will be shared with class room providers or examination bodies for the sole purpose of enabling you access and participation. Once you course is complete you will be deleted from the class room providers access list.
Examination bodies will retain your details as a record of your attendance in the examination and the results. The retention of this information is governed by the examining bodies and details of their retention will be found on their web sites.
We will not share your personal data with any other third party.
Under data protection law, you have rights we need to make you aware of. They are;
· Privacy information; you have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data, this privacy notice does that.
· Subject access; you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
· Rectification; you have the right to ask us to update information you think is inaccurate or incomplete
· Right to be forgotten; you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information
· Restrict processing; you have the right to request to limit the way your personal data is used
· Data portability; you have the right to receive your data from us for your own purposes
· Right to object; you have the right to ask to be excluded from marketing activity
For more information on your rights please see the Information Commissioners’ Office
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy notice. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. This information will be provided free unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive then a small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email Amqui Training at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Should you have any queries regarding this Privacy Notice, about Amqui Training processing of your personal data or wish to exercise your rights you can contact the Amqui Training Data Protection Team using this email address: email@example.com. If you are not happy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office at https://ico.org.uk/
Last updated: Nov 2018